20160802

Bombs Away

I know it's summertime and I know that here on the westside we haven't had much of a fall or winter in a couple years now. Last summer was a record high for us in Southern California, but I can't help it, I'm a sucker for a good jacket. I'm sure some of you remember the crazy bomber craze last fall, everyone was going nuts over the olive and black bomber that Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid were seen wearing around town.


I personally felt a wave of nostalgia when I saw the images of them casually yet chicly. I was taken back to my obsession with vintage Members Only bombers that were once all the rage. I used to spend weekends hunting for the right one, only to settle for a slightly ill-fitting knock off. The Bomber craze is still pretty strong almost a year after it first re-hit our jacket-loving hearts, with several brands and designers creating their own take on the classic jacket.

Like Daniel Patrick with his Kimono take on the Bomber and a Sherpa bomber.

Or I Love Ugly's blue satin Coach Bomber which can be found at Revolve (see link).


Native Youth has a sweet faux suede Brushed Bomber also available at Revolve (see link). 



New brands have even arisen from this trend like the L.A. based brand, M.A.P.  with their pastels, velvet and embroidered Bombers, you'll feel sultry and chic as fuck.








And by all means, don't be afraid of a good printed bomber, it'll only show off some personality.